8th of Uktar, 1376, Year of the Bent Blade

 When we get up, Vorest has a pet owl. I have no idea how she got it, but it seems to listen to her. She calls it Sylvena.

We continue on and are still following the cliff. Vorest talks to more animals and gets more directions. We go down the cliff.

Then I "hear" something, wanting us to go south, and stop following the cliff. 

Vorest announces it and I quickly agree. We find a clearing with a stone circle, with a stone "doorway" in the center. There are 6 statues along the edges.

I really want to go through that doorway.

I go closer, so I can see better, and two of the statues animate. Vondal and Vandederp followed me fairly close and are ready to attack.

Vandederp knocks over one of the statues, and a ghost comes out of it.

After we kill the statue, I go look at the doorway. It's like there is an invisible door. I don't recognize any of the symbols. I ask if anyone recognizes anything. Vandederp and Vorest say that it looks like a long dead god - and it doesn't look like a friendly one. We try the door and it's locked. I look around, and notice one of the statues' hands is closed. I go over and find an obsidian key. I go to try it in the door. The door thrums with energy, and the door fills with purple. I can open the door. There's a lit room and it feels cut off from the gods. There are infernal runes and a unicorn is in the corner. It speaks, asking if we are going to kill it. We try to free it, but it isn't working. I speak the room's runes, Xhith'qalpek, and tell it to open the shackles. The unicorn is free. We lead the unicorn out, and she is agog. She says her name is Lunaria. She's been trapped for a very long time. Once free, she thanks us and asks us the year. She says that she was trapped in 612, but it only felt like a month. She boops us and vanishes. 

We lock the door again and continue on. 

We see a herd of gazelles.

We head back towards the cliff and follow the edge along.

No comments:

Post a Comment